Educational program: June 7th, 6 pm, at the Livonia Senior Center.
Register by calling my number (Jim Schuster) at (248) 356-3500.
We think you will find this program very valuable. It’s not all about family probate battles after you die, while that is an important educational point. The program also covers how to avoid probate entirely. “But wait there’s more.” You will also learn about those rare times when only the probate court can help you.
I will be at the program to answer any questions you may have but the real stars are my colleagues, and probate experts, Norman “Gene” Richards and Linda Davis Friedland of CMDA Law. Here are just some of the points they will cover:
- How the probate court deals with feuding families.
- What you can do to prevent probate battles after you are gone.
- What steps you can take to prevent probate of your property and family.
- How the state of Michigan can use probate to take the homes of Medicaid (nursing home) recipients and what you can do to prevent that from happening to you and your family.
And the they will address the common questions about probate:
- Does a Will keep me out of probate?
- What happens if I don’t have a Will?
- Will probate costs or taxes take a large part of my property?
- Is it necessary to have an attorney?
- What is lifetime probate (guardianship and conservatorship)?
- Can the probate court help me with the costs of nursing home care (Medicaid)?
If you have questions about probate – And who doesn’t? – you will find this program is a Must Attend!
All the best,